The Monofin Course is designed to be an introduction to monofin swimming and to help develop the basic skills, techniques and knowledge necessary to start using the monofin efficiently.
The course includes:
- A theory session in which we discuss monofin history.
- Modern monofins overview.
- Swimming technique and modification of the technique for freediving.
- There will also be a stretching session to develop the body for monofinfreediving.
- 2 dive sessions:
- Session 1 will focus on monofin swimming technique on the surface and underwater (dynamic apnea).
- Session 2 will focus on learning and practicing monofin vertical swimming with the rope (CWT) or will continue mastering dolphin kick in the pool .
Price: $150 – Includes:
- Pool fees,
- Lunch and Coconut Water
- At least basic experience in freediving: Level 1/AIDA 2*/PADI Freediver or Equivalent.
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
You may enroll in the Monofin Course without any previous Freediving experience but it is recommended to attend this course after you have gained a level of comfort in the water swimming with bifins.